Thursday, April 7, 2016

Bible Quotes 2 Peter 1:5-8


===
“For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” - 2 Peter 1:5-8

As a young Christian I was intimidated by my fear, and unproductive. I believed, but I was paralysed by fear of what I’d been like before I had believed. I worried about what others thought of me and felt incapable of presenting my thoughts to others without first understanding what others thought. But frequently they obfuscated and rarely showed they ever thought at all. 

I needed to add goodness to my faith. I needed to show myself I was ready to share with others, my thoughts were legitimate. They might not be the thoughts others have, but they are worthy thoughts to share. I needed to acquire knowledge by reading the Word. I needed self control and all that Peter advises in his letter. One gets love by exercising it. One learns by walking with God. One is freed by accepting salvation. 

No comments: