Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bible Quotes Psalm 23:1-3 Orphan


===
“A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” -Psalm 23:1-3

You are on a path, and there is no off switch to your life. You have freedom of choice, but don’t choose to impede your journey with hubris and ego. Let Him show you the path. You will be able to lie down in green pastures He will provide. He will guide you to still waters. Your soul is thirsty for companionship. He will satisfy that thirst. Sheep are not smart animals, they often do things that aren’t good for them. The shepherd guides them. And God is the shepherd. 

We don’t know precisely when David wrote this Psalm. Maybe when his son Absalom had rebelled, and David got shelter in the neighbouring land of Gilead from a shepherd. It matters not why David sought shelter in his wanderings. It matters that the Lord provided them in his time of need. Just as He does for you in your time of need. 

No comments: