Thursday, May 5, 2016

Bible Quote May 5th 2 Chronicles 7:14

“if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” - 2 Chronicles 7:14
===
2 Chronicles was once part of a single work called Chronicles. It was separated about 300 BC by Hebrew Greeks, but is still a single work for Jews. The entire work presents a genealogy from Adam through to the times of Cyrus the Great. Then the work shows how King David paralleled King Solomon. David brought God to Israel, and Solomon built the Temple. Here, God is blessing the Temple. And his chosen people.

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of 2 Chronicles 7:14? on Quora
https://rumble.com/vgfac7-bible-quote-may-5th-2-chronicles-714.html

No comments: