Friday, July 22, 2016

Bible Quote Jul 22nd Psalm 119:30

“I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.” Psalm 119:30 
===
Psalm 119, at 176 verses, is the longest Psalm, and the longest chapter in the Bible. The author did not include their name in the text. It is a prayer of one who delights in the (Torah) law. After all, it is good to back a winner. 

The surrounding verses of Daleth are reminiscent of Job at a low point.
"I am laid low in the dust;
    preserve my life according to your word.
I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
    teach me your decrees.
Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
    that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
My soul is weary with sorrow;
    strengthen me according to your word.
Keep me from deceitful ways;
    be gracious to me and teach me your law.
I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
    I have set my heart on your laws.
I hold fast to your statutes, Lord;
    do not let me be put to shame.
I run in the path of your commands,
    for you have broadened my understanding."

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of Psalm 119:30? on Quora

No comments: