Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bible Quote Jul 30th Psalm 119:93

“I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life.” Psalm 119:93 
===
Psalm 119, at 176 verses, is the longest Psalm, and the longest chapter in the Bible. The author did not include their name in the text. It is a prayer of one who delights in the (Torah) law. After all, it is good to back a winner. 

The surrounding verse for Lamedh reads "Your word, Lord, is eternal;
    it stands firm in the heavens.
Your faithfulness continues through all generations;
    you established the earth, and it endures.
Your laws endure to this day,
    for all things serve you.
If your law had not been my delight,
    I would have perished in my affliction.
I will never forget your precepts,
    for by them you have preserved my life.
Save me, for I am yours;
    I have sought out your precepts.
The wicked are waiting to destroy me,
    but I will ponder your statutes.
To all perfection I see a limit,
    but your commands are boundless."

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of Psalm 119:93? on Quora

No comments: