Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bible Quote Jul 26th Psalm 119:60

“I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.”Psalm 119:60 
===
Psalm 119, at 176 verses, is the longest Psalm, and the longest chapter in the Bible. The author did not include their name in the text. It is a prayer of one who delights in the (Torah) law. After all, it is good to back a winner. 


The surrounding verse of Heth reads "You are my portion, Lord;
    I have promised to obey your words.
I have sought your face with all my heart;
    be gracious to me according to your promise.
I have considered my ways
    and have turned my steps to your statutes.
I will hasten and not delay
    to obey your commands.
Though the wicked bind me with ropes,
    I will not forget your law.
At midnight I rise to give you thanks
    for your righteous laws.
I am a friend to all who fear you,
    to all who follow your precepts.
The earth is filled with your love, Lord;
    teach me your decrees."

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of Psalm 119:60? on Quora

No comments: