Friday, August 12, 2016

Bible Quote Aug 12th Psalm 119:14

“I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.” Psalm 119:14 
===
Psalm 119, at 176 verses, is the longest Psalm, and the longest chapter in the Bible. The author did not include their name in the text. It is a prayer of one who delights in the (Torah) law. After all, it is good to back a winner. 

Here are the verses surrounding Beth

"How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word."

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of Psalm 119:14? on Quora

No comments: