Sunday, August 7, 2016

Bible Quote Aug 7th Psalm 119:160

“All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.” Psalm 119:160 
===
Psalm 119, at 176 verses, is the longest Psalm, and the longest chapter in the Bible. The author did not include their name in the text. It is a prayer of one who delights in the (Torah) law. After all, it is good to back a winner. 

Here are the verses for Resh, 
"Look on my suffering and deliver me,
    for I have not forgotten your law.
Defend my cause and redeem me;
    preserve my life according to your promise.
Salvation is far from the wicked,
    for they do not seek out your decrees.
Your compassion, Lord, is great;
    preserve my life according to your laws.
Many are the foes who persecute me,
    but I have not turned from your statutes.
I look on the faithless with loathing,
    for they do not obey your word.
See how I love your precepts;
    preserve my life, Lord, in accordance with your love.
All your words are true;
    all your righteous laws are eternal."

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of Psalm 119:160? on Quora

No comments: