Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bible Quote Aug 2nd Psalm 119:114

“You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.” Psalm 119:114 
===
Psalm 119, at 176 verses, is the longest Psalm, and the longest chapter in the Bible. The author did not include their name in the text. It is a prayer of one who delights in the (Torah) law. After all, it is good to back a winner. 

The surrounding verses of Samekh are "I hate double-minded people,
    but I love your law.
You are my refuge and my shield;
    I have put my hope in your word.
Away from me, you evildoers,
    that I may keep the commands of my God!
Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live;
    do not let my hopes be dashed.
Uphold me, and I will be delivered;
    I will always have regard for your decrees.
You reject all who stray from your decrees,
    for their delusions come to nothing.
All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross;
    therefore I love your statutes.
My flesh trembles in fear of you;
    I stand in awe of your laws."

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of Psalm 119:114? on Quora

No comments: