Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bible Quote Jan 5th Micah 6 vs 8


“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Micah was preaching to Jews some six centuries before Christ, and 150 years before the fall of Jerusalem. And so his words are a little startling for their aptness. Because we are the mortal. And when we walk with God we learn what he requires of us. The kings of Israel had in some circumstances, become despicable. But the glory of Jewish faith, through Jonah, meant that God could humble his people while rewarding the faithful. Jerusalem fell. But the people continue. And God keeps his promise. 

God keeps his promise, as should mortals who are faithful to Him. As models of God’s behaviour, his faithful need to be just. It isn’t good enough to be unfair in our dealings with others, because that reflects on God.

To show love and mercy is essential too, and a real challenge. I dislike, hate my father. More so after he died. But that is wrong of me. He cannot mend our fences, and if I choose to continue, I’m rejecting the great grace and favour God has given me. It doesn’t matter why. I must forgive my father. It isn’t about me. I must humbly submit to God. If I don’t, all that I hold dear may be scattered and broken. And if I am faithful, not hateful, then I may be reconciled with all that I have lost. He has shown me what is good. 
https://rumble.com/vccnpx-bible-quote-jan-5th-micah-6-vs-8.html

No comments: