Friday, March 18, 2016

Bible Quote March 18th Psalm 23:1-3

“A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” -Psalm 23:1-3
===
The Psalm may not have been written by David, but in tribute to David's early life as a shepherd. But David is not the shepherd of the Psalm. The shepherd is a Metaphor for the Lord. In holding to the Lord, I find the places I lay are comfortable, with plenty for my needs. The places I drink are fresh, calm and safe. I am not uneasy or morally compromised as I would be living a good life while others suffered. I do not crush the virtuous hope of others.

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What is the background to, and meaning of Psalm 23:1-3? on Quora
https://rumble.com/ver80l-bible-quote-march-18th-psalm-231-3.html

No comments: